Written By: Jamie Baker
Hey you! Yes, I am talking to you. Do you let the power of fear overpower you? Has fear, stopped you from completing your work? If your answer is yes, then today after reading “the power of fear” hopefully, you will realize why you allow fear to overpower you. When I think of fear, I often contrast powerful verses paralyzing as two opposites that affect the way we deal with fear. Fear is a powerful tool that can nudge people into success. Similarly, fear can also be a paralyzing force that freezes people into statues.
Fear described on Dictionary.com “1. A distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.” Namely, fear is described in many distrustful and deferential ways. In this piece, I am focusing on the compare and contrast. In particular, the power of fear that motivates people and the paralyzing aspects of fear that stop people from finishing a task.
To Watch Video Press Play
I believe fear is a paralyzing emotion that stops you from moving forward.
• Fear keeps people gagged and tied down.
• Fear distracts your focus: for instances, you may have a project that needs completing but you become fearful of the end result and decide against completing your project.
• Fear silences people from speaking out against questionable behavior.
• Fear stunts growth in areas of life that need improvement.
• Fear keeps you from your destiny
• Fear blocks you from receiving something you may need in order to move forward in your life.
When I think of fear, I am instantly confronted with the question “How does fear make me feel? Fear to me is like pausing and immediately stopping you in your tracks. Fear can sometimes feel like an emotion that is never ending.
To summarize, I want you to reflect on the power of fear. Figure out if fear is keeping you paralyzed. After taking a moment to reflect, I want you to promise to take the steps necessary to let go of fear. In addition, make the decision today that you will no longer be bound by your fears. I am no way saying it will be easy to conquer your personal fears. I believe that if you confront fear head first, you will start to cultivate a mindset that recognizes fear, confronts it and moves on.
Make sure you come back daily for more great content.